- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours face to face+Blended and Swinburne Online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
EDU60050 Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 1
25 cp from EDU60020, EDU60021, EDU60022, EDU60023, EDU60024 , EDU60025, EDU60026, EDU60027, EDU60028, EDU60029, EDU60030, EDU60031, EDU60032, EDU60033, EDU60034, EDU60035, EDU60036, EDU60037, EDU60038, EDU60039, EDU60040, EDU60041, EDU60042 ,
EDU70015 Professional Experience 1
EDU70017 Professional Experience 1
EDU80051 Professional Experience 2
Aims and objectives
This unit builds on Curriculum and Pedagogy 1 to further develop pre-service teachers’ teaching expertise in their methods within teaching and assessment. Students learn about advanced discipline-specific pedagogical approaches, state and national curricula and cross-curriculum priorities. The unit further develops the skills needed for curriculum adjustment in chosen method/s, and prepares pre-service teachers for integrating advanced differentiation and subject-specific strategies..
Unit Learning Outcomes: After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate effective sequences of teaching and learning and apply [METHOD/s]-related pedagogies, assessment strategies and evidence-based instructional models that model integration of the General Capabilities.
2.Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theories to incorporate cross-curriculum priorities in the planning and implementation of [METHOD/s] learning programs.
3. Critically evaluate a range of [METHOD/s]-related digital resources that engage, support and challenge students across different stages of the secondary curriculum.
4. Critically reflect on differentiation and adjustment strategies to support students’ wellbeing, social-emotional and personal capacity, and meet specific learning needs of students in [METHOD/s]