- One semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to develop the students’ understanding of risk management and to develop/ implement contemporary risk management systems and practices relevant to projects or enterprises in engineering industries.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)Students who successfully complete this Unit should be able to:
1. Appreciate and apply risk management principles, theories, tools and techniques in engineering projects and organisations
2. Analyse risk management frameworks and systems in projects and engineering enterprises and advice on developing/ implementing contemporary risk management solutions/ systems
3. Formulate, use and evaluate risk management techniques, tools/ software and systems
4. Employ due diligence studies for feasibility analysis and strategic decisions in large projects and infrastructure developments
5. Develop professionalism, abilities for research and passion for continuing professional development learning/ training of risk management applications in projects and engineering industries