- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the Australian superannuation industry and evaluate a range of retirement products and structures.
2. Demonstrate a specialist knowledge of taxation on superannuation funds and the impact of the various regulatory bodies on the financial planning industry.
3. Use financial advice technologies to develop strategies and recommendations on superannuation and retirement planning, based on clients’ specific requirements.
4. Evaluate appropriate estate planning processes and assess the role of powers of attorney, estate planning, trusts, wills and taxation implications of death benefits.
5. Work effectively in diverse teams.