- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Exposure to some background in literature searching and assignment writing
Aims and objectives
This subject aims to develop the skills necessary to undertake a research project and to assist the student in identifying appropriate research topics and methodologies.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Independently gain the necessary knowledge to undertake meaningful research
2. Identify appropriate research topics and methodologies
3. Perform basic data management tasks and analyses using a computer
4. Apply tools of research preparation including problem formulation, undertaking a literature review, research designs, developing a hypothesis, ethical implications, time management, and assessing resource implications
5. Articulate the contributions of qualitative and quantitative methods to a specific discipline.
6. Carry out initial critical appraisals of academic literature
7. Develop academic paper/report writing skills and understand the structure for publication