Research Seminar B
- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Enrolment in the Master of Research
Aims and objectives
This unit is designed to help students prepare for the year of thesis writing or exegesis and artefact production ahead. It will guide students through planning, ethics applications and writing strategies.
Unit Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Evaluate critically research projects and theses
2. Design and execute a coherent thesis introduction
3. Plan and manage their own time and project work effectively by prioritising competing demands and deadlines
4. Demonstrate expert knowledge about discipline-specific ethical considerations (including submitting an ethics application, if required)
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Specified Learning Activities
Unspecified Learning Activities
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
Thesis plan and timeline
- Planning and time management
- Writing strategies
- Evaluation of previous theses
- The sections of a thesis
- Analysing and constructing arguments
- Reading materials.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.