- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
HT1 Term 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Enrolment in the Master of Research
Aims and objectives
This unit is designed to help students prepare for the year of thesis writing or exegesis and artefact production ahead. It will guide students through planning, ethics applications and writing strategies.
Unit Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Evaluate critically research projects and theses
2. Design and execute a coherent thesis introduction
3. Plan and manage their own time and project work effectively by prioritising competing demands and deadlines
4. Demonstrate expert knowledge about discipline-specific ethical considerations (including submitting an ethics application, if required)