- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
50 credit points at PG coursework level from the Faculty of Business and Law
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to guide students in to developing a research plan. The unit covers how to plan a research project, including reviewing the existing knowledge in each student’s chosen topic area and identifying a knowledge-gap. In addition, students will become familiar with the various research methods for data collection and analysis and learn how to choose the most appropriate research method to fill the knowledge-gap that has been identified. The project element will be designed to collect and analyse the data needed to fill the knowledge-gap and to communicate this proposal orally and in a written report.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Formulate research questions and select an appropriate methodology for the chosen research task
3. Critically analyse the philosophical and theoretical assumptions underlying different research methods and approaches
4. Develop skills to write and structure a minor thesis