- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
50 credit points from a Postgraduate course
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with knowledge regarding multivariate data procedures in conduct of academic research. This unit is designed to fill the gaps in data analysis using sophisticated approaches and data collection methods. The aim is to provide knowledge of available data analysis techniques to address specific research questions, their strengths and weaknesses (limitations) and the relevance to research design and sampling issues.
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of a range of data analysis procedures that may be appropriate when examining business issues
2. Apply quantitative research fundamentals to the analysis, design and application of research methods and to identify, specify and run the various software programs
3. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to interpret the output of various data analysis procedures using the appropriate tools
4. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the design of quantitative research and implications for sampling and sampling units
5. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research to demonstrate validity, reliability and generalisability
6. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a team