- 36 hours over the semester, normally 3 Hours per Week
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
PUB20003 Public Relations Writing is designed to introduce students to the key concepts and basic skills required of public relations writers, within contemporary public relations practice. It also aims to help build confidence in writing; so it’s introductory and developmental.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate basic writing skills with ability to adapt and apply these to public relations writing
2. Critically analyse public relations writing examples
3. Consider and apply appropriate communication and persuasion theories to public relations writing for specific publics
4. Systematically plan for effective public relations writing
5. Apply appropriate research methods, legal and ethical considerations to public relations writing
6. Demonstrate how to build and maintain relationships with media, including how to identify, research, develop, and circulate news-worthy and feature-worthy copy
7. Evaluate the importance of online media, including ‘social media’, to public relations writing.