One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended + Swinburne Online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
PrerequisitesCOM10007 Professional Communication Practice
Aims and objectives
This unit introduces students to the principles, theories, models, roles and approaches of public relations by examining the basic definition(s), perceptions, relevant concepts, theories, and application fields of the profession.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a familiarity with the history of modern public relations
2. Articulate knowledge of public relations models and theories
3. Articulate awareness of the different approaches to public relations, as well as the need for socially responsible and ethical public relations practices
4. Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge and understanding against which practice can be benchmarked and understood
5. Demonstrate an understanding of public relations planning and presentation
6. Understand public relations problems and issues