- One Semester or equivalent
- Swinburne Online: Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2023 teaching periods
Teaching Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PSY70014 Cognition and Human Performance
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Explain the main features of some of the major perspectives on the psychology of personality (e.g., psychoanalytic/neoanalytic; trait, motive, learning and social-cognitive approaches, and the narrative approach).
2. Critically review the major elements of historically important theories within each perspective.
3. Apply knowledge of major elements of contemporary theories within each perspective to real world issues.
4. Critically evaluate how various approaches to personality explain specific issues such as the unconscious, the self, personality change, the effect of early childhood experiences, the effect of motivation on personality.
5. Explain how an integration of many of these theories leads to a better understanding of human personality.