- One Semester or equivalent
- Swinburne Online: Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesSTA70007 Analysis of Variance and Regression
PSY70014 Cognition and Human Performance
PSY70015 Developmental Psychology
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Explain the characteristics of a good psychological measure and evaluate the usefulness and appropriateness of a specific instrument for a specific application.
2. Explain the steps involved in the development of psychological measures, and design their own program for the development and validation of a new measure.
3. Calculate, report, and interpret key statistics relevant to scale development and evaluation.
4. Evaluate a range of different measurement formats and methods, explaining the pros and cons of each.
5. Work collaboratively with peers to achieve project outcomes
6. Reflect on ethical issues in psychological measurement.