- 25 days, full time or equivalent
- 5 week block placement (190 hours)
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesDET80003 Professional Practice Placement 1
DET80005 Research Project 2, AND;
DET80008 Professional Practice Placement 4
CorequisitesDET80005 Research Project 2
Aims and objectives
Standards for Dietitians in Australia as required by the Dietitians Association of Australia. Each student will be allocated to a placement site of a placement partner of Swinburne University for a total of 25 placement days in one of the following domains: food service management or community and public health nutrition.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate professional behaviours.
2. Positively influence the health of individuals, groups and/or populations to achieve nutrition outcomes.
3. Apply critical thinking and integrate evidence into practice.
4. Collaborate with clients and stakeholders.
5. Demonstrate continued progress towards meeting entry level National Competency Standards for Dietitians in
6. Demonstrate reflection on practice and development of self-awareness, insight and cultural competency.