- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
Aims and objectives
The unit aims to provide students with the essential communication and teamwork skills for a successful professional career. Students will work within a simulated work-like environment that resembles professional practice. Students will undertake team-based activities and explore alternative communications strategies and be given the opportunity to reflect on self and others in a professional context. These activities will enhance the student’s capacity for self-reflection, seen as a critical skill in modern workplaces. The unit will also provide students with the capacity to identify their goals and the strategies to realise them in the professional workplace.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving in professional team-based contexts.
2. Demonstrate professional communication for a range of audiences, including industry
3. Reflect and evaluate own performance and others, and demonstrate learning for improved practice
4. Link disciplinary knowledge and skills to real-world contexts