- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
150 Credit Points from one of the following degrees:
BA-DES - Bachelor of Design
BB-DESBUS - Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Business
BB-DESMCMN - Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Media and Communication
50 Credit Points from the Photomedia Major
Aims and objectives
and application of concepts, skills and knowledge acquired in previous units. Students will be expected to articulate complex visual ideas and generate highly individualized outcomes, culminating with the production of a major body of photomedia based work. Students will be exposed to diverse contexts, technological approaches and media platforms for image creation and visual storytelling across a range of community, creative and/or commercial applications.
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Apply creative problem solving, critical thinking, visual storytelling and design research skills to the development of a highly resolved and inventive photomedia based project.
3. Demonstrate professional communication, collaboration and time management skills as part of an exhibition planning team
4. Create an integrated media display and/or presentation of project works.
5. Evaluate the design process and visual outcomes through concise, coherent and well-structured documentation and presentations.
Courses with unitMJ-PHOMED and MJ-PHOMED1 – Photomedia Major
BA-DES Bachelor of Design