- One Semester or equivalentThis unit will be delivered on-line in Semester 2 2020
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Any course within School of Design or BA-EDUSEC
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to introduce students to the basic principles and application of photography in design through creative camera controls and techniques. It aims to generate understanding of the symbiotic relationship between photographic image and design skills. It will also develop an understanding of basic design principles and practice as applied to photography through the exploration of resolution, colour theory, scaling, editing and image analysis.
1. Apply the basic principles of photography using camera controls to produce images
2. Interpret visual literacy for image analysis to the production of photographic images
3. Implement principles of lighting and colour theory to develop design outcomes that express ideas
4. Use scaling and abstraction to place creative emphasis in photographic images
5. Produce a body of work using photographic images and design skills.
Courses with unit
Courses offered by the School of Design