- One Semester or equivalent
- 3 Hours per Week
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
HOL Study Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesSTA60005 Statistical Practice 2
Aims and objectives
This unit teaches students to identify and apply the multivariate statistical techniques most commonly used in social and health research, to understand the assumptions underlying their use, and appreciate the strengths and limitations of these methods. Knowledge of these methods is particularly helpful for gaining employment in statistical consulting.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Summarise the objectives of a study and prepare data files for analysis.
2. Test the assumptions underlying a statistical analysis and state the limitations of a study
3. Develop models to describe complex relationships while allowing for measurement errors
4. Identify the most appropriate analysis for the research question and execute the analysis using an appropriate software package
5. Interpret and report the results of statistical analyses