- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Concurrent Pre-requisite (can be completed prior or at same time)
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to teach students the latest theoretical and analytical skills with respect to the current issues of the finance industry. Students will learn about technological innovations that disrupt financial services. Governance issues that are relevant to the financial industry will be discussed as well. Additionally, this unit introduces current topics in finance research and provides a platform to conduct independent research.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge on current issues in finance and evaluate the impact of these issues in a global setting.
2. Critically analyse financing innovations and the impact of these innovations on the future of business practices.
3. Evaluate corporate governance issues and ethical dilemmas in the financial industry
4. Apply coherent knowledge of financial technology to conduct research and analyse financial data
5. Communicate in a professional manner to a wide range of audiences