One Semester/Teaching Period
- Supervised project (One hour information seminar and individual supervision)
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites62.5 credit points
Aims and objectives
Students undertaking a media and communications project are supervised in both the design and implementation of a product of their choice (for example, a radio documentary, a short story, a website, a short film, a game and so on) or can choose to undertake work experience. This unit extends the skills acquired by students in their major studies and to provide an opportunity for students to gain experience in the workplace and to work independently as freelance practitioners.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Write a project proposal that clearly describes the aims and objectives of your project or related activity.
2. Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaboratively on complex tasks as required
3. Exercise initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice
4. Evaluate and critically reflect on your own work.