- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
The unit allows students to plan, design and execute the creation of a substantial industry- based media project. This may be produced in the context of an internship. This unit will develop students’ skills to discern the specific needs of an industry partner and to apply the media and communication skills developed throughout the degree, to plan and implement project strategies. The unit also builds relationships and consensus with priority stakeholders, and to reflect and report on the results of project planning and implementation.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Identify and implement a suitable project proposal that clearly describes the aims, rationale and outcome for either industry based or theoretical learning;
2. Research and produce a complex and time sensitive project plan in a systematic, rigorous and ethical way to be presented in a professional environment;
3. Access, organise, present and evaluate current knowledge relevant to the project and implement complex research strategies to develop the project over time;
4. Evaluate and critically reflect on your own work and collaborative work in professional settings and in written documents