- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 12 hours Face to face+Blended Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
Teaching Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesEDU30015 Curriculum and Pedagogy for Primary: Practicum 3P
EDU30003 Curriculum, Planning and Assessment for Infants: Practicum 3E
EDU20002 Mathematics in Practice
237.5 cps in:
BA-EDECP / BA-EDECPS (SOL) Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
BA-EDUPRI / BA-EDUPRI1 (SOL) Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Plan mathematics lessons and units using the structure and content of the relevant National and/or State or Territory Curriculum.
2. Examine the development of mathematical concepts throughout the primary years of schooling and relate it to the development and structure of the relevant National and/or State or Territory Curriculum.
3. Investigate and plan pedagogical approaches to mathematics in the primary years for diverse learners.
4. Develop appropriate and inclusive methods and structures for the planning and assessment of Mathematics.
5. Compare and critically evaluate the benefits and limitations of various forms of assessment in Mathematics Education including record keeping and reporting strategies.
Courses with unitBA-EDECP / BA-EDECPS (SOL) Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
BA-EDUPRI/EDUPRI1 Bachelor of Education (Primary)
BA-EDU Bachelor of Education