Marketing Strategy and Planning
- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit focuses on fostering strategic marketing leadership. Students will develop their strategic thinking and analysis skills and their application in an organisation. The unit aims to give students a deeper understanding of how to structure and organise the firm to more effectively identify and implement innovative ideas, know what analysis is required before strategy is created and how to research and anticipate the issues which may arise during implementation.
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
On campus Class
Online Contact Online learning activities - asynchronous lecture
Unspecified Activities Independent Learning
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
- The process of formulating and implementing marketing strategy
- Understanding market opportunities
- Measuring market opportunities: forecasting and market knowledge
- Targeting attractive market segments
- Differentiation and positioning
- Marketing strategies for new market entries
- Marketing strategies for growth markets
- Marketing strategies for mature and declining markets
- Marketing strategies for the new economy
- Organising and planning for effective marketing implementation
- Measuring and delivering marketing performance
- Reading materials.