- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify and analyse the key elements of various pieces of legislation related to work in Australia
2. Explore, understand and apply the major industrial relations theories to assess the nature of the employment relationship with its key stakeholders
3. Conduct a comparative analysis of global labour market trends and labour market flexibility
4. Describe, evaluate, and utilise negotiation models
5. Undertake research individually or in groups, to investigate changes in collective and alternative agreements, at the workplace level.