- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended + Swinburne Online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
CorequisitesEDU70016 Supervised Professional Experience 2
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
1. Examine the teaching of literacy across the curriculum using theory, research and relevant links made to the Australian Curriculum (or a relevant State/Territory curriculum document).
2. Compare and contrast the literacy demands and opportunities of two different curriculum learning areas using the Australian Curriculum (or a relevant State/Territory curriculum document) and relevant literature to support.
3. Develop and evaluate a cross-curriculum lesson plan that embeds literacy learning and development with relevant links made to the Australian Curriculum (or a relevant State/Territory curriculum document).
4. Critically discuss the key ideas of sustaining literacy teaching and learning in the 21st century
5. Apply knowledge of theory and research to the teaching of literacy across the curriculum with references made to Australian Curriculum.