- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesINF70005 Strategic Project Management
Aims and objectives
pre 2020 code INF70007
This unit enables students to learn how to lead and manage effectively in difficult environments. It examines approaches to managing large collaborative projects including global and international initiatives, portfolio management and program management. Students will develop an understanding of leadership roles in in complex environments and demonstrate the ability to implement portfolio management frameworks and evaluate the realisation of project benefits. On completion of this unit students should be able to apply systems thinking in the development of creative approaches to project management including the application of collaborative communication tools to support complex project environment.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Critically evaluate and develop approaches for managing projects in international and global contexts
3. Analyse business scenarios and implement the most appropriate project, program and portfolio solutions
4. Critically evaluate and develop innovative responses to the management of virtual projects and virtual project teams
5. Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team