- One semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with a critical introduction to the challenges and opportunities facing leaders in organisations and contexts whose purpose is improving social outcomes. The objective of the unit is to critically understand the theory and practice of leadership in a changing not for profit, business and government environment. It introduces students to strategies and models to overcome leadership challenges and promote effective and positive social outcomes.
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the role that different sectors play in hindering and achieving positive social outcomes
2. Critically evaluate and apply theories and concepts of leadership
3. Demonstrate integrity, ethical conduct, accountability and awareness of professional practice to gain a critical understanding of the leadership challenges in achieving positive social outcomes
4. Communicate and function as an effective member of a team.