This unit provides students with skills and practice that are critical in leading innovative activities in established organisations. Its focus is the individual and collective leadership behaviours and practices that enable organisations to develop innovative teams and cultures. It is intended that students are able to apply effective thinking and practice in a range of organisational, industry and cultural contexts.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the relationship between leading innovative activities and the established or entrenched views in organisations, with clear articulation of the ideas underpinning your approaches.
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex leadership and innovation problems with intellectual independence.
3. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees.
4. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as leaders of innovation in organisational settings.
5. Apply skills to function as an effective member or leader of a team.