- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
A unit can be either completed prior to commencing study or taken at the same time
FIN30018 Management of Personal Financial Risk
Aims and objectives
This unit previously known as Investment Planning (new title effective semester 2 2018)
Students successfully who complete this unit will be able to:
1. Evaluate the role of the financial system and the various regulatory bodies, their functions, the key participants in order to identify the potential risks affecting such systems.
2. Identify appropriate investment opportunities such as the various financial markets and the characteristics and instruments traded on such markets.
3. Apply modern finance theories such as portfolio theory, efficient market hypothesis and behavioural finance, in order to determine how they impact investment decisions.
4. Construct and defend a multi-asset portfolio that meets client’s objectives and constraints.
5. Work effectively in diverse teams.