- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Anti-requisites (similar in content)
Aims and objectives
This unit has originated from a desire to give students an inspirational and highly engaging educational experience. It is infused with real-world examples and will provide a connection to industry professionals. The unit is designed to prepare students for their studies and work. Innovative Business Practice focuses on self-awareness, the development of a professional identity, communication and the development of effective teamwork skills.
The role of innovation and how it can be leveraged to effectively achieve organisational objectives and positive social impact is a core theme with students encouraged to use curiosity and creativity to explore opportunities and to evaluate these, whilst displaying awareness of organisational and societal needs.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply innovation frameworks and tools to evaluate a need and/or problem.
2. Demonstrate creativity, originality and forward thinking in problem solving.
3. Self-reflect to identify their personal strengths so that they may begin to develop a personal and professional brand and identity.
4. Demonstrate professional skills, including written, verbal, and presentation, in order to effectively articulate an idea and convince others of its merit.5. Work collaboratively and effectively in a multidisciplinary team to derive innovative outcomes.