This unit aims to provide commencing doctoral candidates with the key capabilities to present a research proposal at their Confirmation of Candidature review that will make a significant and original contribution to knowledge and/or practice. In exposing doctoral candidates to the characteristics of innovative and impactful research as well as a range of strategies, tools and processes for its development, this unit seeks to help them to cultivate the mindset, knowledge and practical skills to design to translate this to their own research.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit, will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate mindsets that stimulate and inhibit creativity and innovation in individuals, teams and organisations
2. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the types and roles of innovation in research
3. Critically analyse the relationship between creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship and how it influences research impact
4. Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams and function as an effective member and/or leader to enhance research productivity
5. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and use the tools and practices of creativity and innovation within project work