- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 12 hours Face to face+Blended Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
2. Investigate the relevance and significance of the creative arts in early childhood education.
3. Critique pedagogical principles that support young children’s sensory, intellectual and aesthetic development and creative expression.
4. Plan a range of learning experiences that foster creativity, imagination, self-expression and aesthetic awareness in children from infancy in a variety of ways through offering opportunities that take account of interests and skills.
5. Develop and evaluate appropriate and enjoyable music, dance, visual arts and drama experiences that enable children to build confidence and gain knowledge and skills in these areas.
6. Evaluate arts learning experiences based upon inclusive practises.
Courses with unit
BA-EDUEC2 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
DP-EDU Diploma of Education Studies
AB-EDU Associate Degree of Education