- One Semester or equivalent
- 12 Hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
2. Articulate how storytelling and picture books support language acquisition and literacy skills.
3. Examine factors, current trends and how popular culture impacts upon language and literature
4. Analyse a range of genres and conventions in children's literature, including folklore, picture books, storytelling, language games and poetry.
5. Demonstrate techniques of effective and engaging teaching that develops literacy skills.
6. Critically evaluate children’s language and literature resources
Courses with unit
BA-EDUEC2 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
DP-EDU Diploma of Education Studies
AB-EDU Associate Degree of Education