- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who complete this unit of study will understand the nature of security threats to IT systems. Student will be familiar with the tools used by hackers and crackers and be aware of ways of identifying and rectifying security breaches and will understand how to assess the vulnerability of computing systems.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Evaluate security of client and server computers.
2. Plan security audits.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of social engineering and physical security.
4. Use a variety of security related tools.
5. Identify attacks and mitigate attacks.
6. Evaluate authentication and encryption systems.
7. Research issues in IT Security.