- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
150 Credit Points
Aims and objectives
This unit allows students to undertake a professionally focused research project in their final year of study. The aim is to consolidate, integrate and extend previous course learnings and apply them to a real-world researchable topic. It requires students to work individually and in teams to develop an applied topic of current relevance to industry. The unit enables students to develop the research and development skills and understandings required to undertake a complex piece of research and implement successful solutions in the field of Information Systems and Technology (IS/IT) management.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Develop and apply skills in conceptualising, scoping and articulating an industry-relevant research topic in the area of Information Systems and Technology (IS/IT)
2. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the contemporary themes and emerging issues in key areas of Information Systems and Technology (IS/IT) management
3. Effectively communicate ideas and operate as a member or leader of a team, demonstrating ethical conduct, effective participation and professional accountability in practice
4. Critically evaluate an appropriate research method and research design within the context of an applied research project