- One semester
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face Swinburne online – Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Teach, plan and assess key Humanities and Social Science (history, geography, civics and citizenship, and economics and business) concepts and curriculum content appropriate for primary school environments.
2. Critically analyse pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of Humanities in the Primary classroom, including single subject and cross-disciplinary approaches.
3. Analyse resources and plan learning experiences (including informal humanities learning) that reflect relevant current curriculum documentation and reflect contemporary inquiry pedagogical approaches.
4. Evaluate digital humanities resources with a focus on student engagement.
5. Analyse and evaluate a range of assessment strategies and record keeping instruments within the Humanities and Social Sciences in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
6. Critically analyse how the broader theoretical and societal context impacts on the teaching of Humanities.