- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Concurrent Pre-requisites :
A unit can be either completed prior or taken at the same time.
Aims and objectives
This unit introduces students to the theory and practice of Human Resource Management (HRM). Students will gain from an exposure to a range of HR activities, including staff recruitment, training, employee relations, remuneration, performance management, and employee health and safety among others. Some key themes of the unit are the notion of Strategic HRM and the utility of employees as a key form of competitive advantage for organisations. This unit provides a strong overview of HRM and therefore provides an ideal platform for students to build both generalist and specialist HR knowledge.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Develop an understanding of HRM Practices and their relationship(s) with strategy, structure and culture
3. Critique HRM Practices from the perspective of multiple stakeholders
4. Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader in team work or as a member of
a diverse team