- One semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 12 hours Face to face+Blended Swinburne online – Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
Teaching Period 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate their understanding of the curriculum content of Health, Physical Education, including the importance of physical exercise and the specific motor skills children should develop at different year levels.
2. Analyse pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of Health and Physical Education in the Primary classroom.
3. Generate plans of lessons/units of work that reflect relevant current curriculum documentation and contemporary pedagogical approaches including the use of ICT.
4. Analyse a range of assessment strategies and record keeping instruments within Health and Physical Education in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
5. Evaluate appropriate methods to maintain safe and challenging learning environments within Health and Physical Education.
Courses with unit
MA-TEAPRI3 Master of Teaching (Primary)