- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 12 hours Face to face+Blended Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesEDU10004 Theories of Teaching and Learning
Aims and objectives
1. Communicate the relevant national and/or state or territory curriculum content of Health and Physical Education, including the importance of physical exercise and the specific motor skills children should develop at different year levels.
2. Analyse pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of Health and Physical Education in the Primary classroom.
3. Generate plans of lessons / units of work that reflect relevant current curriculum documentation and contemporary pedagogical approaches including the use of ICT with a focus on student engagement.
4. Evaluate a range of assessment and reporting strategies and record keeping instruments within Health and Physical Education in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
5. Evaluate appropriate methods to maintain safe and challenging learning environments within Health and Physical Education.