- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Before enrolling in this unit you must also be enrolled in the same unit with CPA Australia as part of their CPA Program.
Aims and objectives
This unit consolidates the learnings in the three other units, Ethics and Governance (ACC80013), Financial Reporting (ACC80014) and Strategic Management Accounting (ACC80015). It develops an understanding of the concepts and principles that underpin the practices of strategy and leadership in the global economy, and the ability to apply these concepts to real-life business cases. This unit integrates the materials from the CPA Program Professional Level segment titled Global Strategy and Leadership and prepares you for the CPA examination. This is a core course in the Master of Professional Accounting (CPA Specialisation) degree.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Critically evaluate the tools and models used to analyse the industry and the market in which an organisation operates and to measure the performance of the organisation
3. Critically evaluate the key challenges faced in the implementation of strategy and the role of the accountant in the implementation and leadership functions
4. Demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of strategy and leadership concepts through the use of real-world examples integrated throughout the material, and apply these concepts to business case scenarios through the use of a major case study
5. Communicate proficiently and in professional practice and act as a leader or member of a team