This unit aims to provide students with an opportunity to reflect on and develop skills in individual career development and management, as well as more broadly developing organisational capability as an executive or employer who shapes their world. Through simulation or real world experience the student will have the opportunity to develop critical transferrable skills such as communication, critical thinking, basic consulting and research skills, and broad managerial skills, to enhance their power to influence others and to engage meaningfully in diverse existing and emerging work environments.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of managerial skills including the future of work
2. Critically analyse and extend theories for organisational capability development
3. Communicate effectively to positively impact personal and team outcomes
4. Reflect on and learn from past experience to articulate and implement their professional purpose
5. Articulate and demonstrate how advanced digital literacy capabilities can be used to further their career