One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the characteristics of fixed income securities, markets, and valuation techniques.
2. Apply advanced knowledge and quantitative skills in risk analysis and valuation of fixed income portfolios.
3. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the term structure of interest rates and evaluate the trading behaviour of market participants.
4. Critically reflect on technological issues relating to fixed income portfolio formation and investment decision-making process.
5. Work collaboratively in groups