- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Concurrent pre-requisites: can be either completed prior or at the same time
Aims and objectives
This unit develops students’ knowledge of the theoretical and technical underpinnings of current financial and non-financial reporting practices and market reactions to financial and non-financial information.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this Unit should be able to:
1. Critically assess and appreciate regulatory influences and professional judgement on financial and non-financial reporting practices of firms
2. Apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to explain financial accounting and reporting practices for firms
3. Critically evaluate the principles underpinning the current Australian and International accounting standards and their impact on reporting practices
4. Apply a principles based approach to determine accounting treatment for business transactions
5. Apply knowledge of accounting theory to predict market reactions to financial and nonfinancial information