One semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended + Swinburne Online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
100 Credit Points
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify the scope and scale of events and their planning needs.
2. Articulate events’ importance, either as a catalyst for economic development, or as a generator of social cohesion.
3. Critically examine the multi-faceted functions of event management from conceptualisation, through to planning, risk management, and marketing.
4. Highlight and explain both positive and negative impacts and advance sustainability as an overarching objective for events.
Courses with unitBB-MCMNBUS Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Media and Communication
BA-MCMN Bachelor of Media and Communication
BA-MCMPROF Bachelor of Media and Communication (Professional)