- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Anti-Requisite (similar content)
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to provide specialised knowledge and skills for estimating and managing costs in engineering projects.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Appreciate accounting principles and economic theories applicable in engineering projects.
2. Apply fundamentals of engineering economics for financial decisions in projects
3. Estimate and prepare bill of quantities using standard methods of measurement for building and civil engineering works
4. Develop and appraise early estimates, cost plans and tenders in construction projects.
5. Recommend suitable project financing options for different project delivery systems and commercial arrangements.
6. Analyse progress in engineering projects, develop project cost controls and prepare reports
7. Apply advanced techniques and tools for managing cost and commercial aspects of project and facility life-cycle.