- One semester or equivalent.
- 12 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesMust have passed 100 credit points in the Master of Engineering
Aims and objectives
To provide students with the opportunity to conduct major research into theory and techniques learnt in the course, and apply it in solving relevant industry based or applied research problems in the area of specialisation.Unit Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this unit, the should be able to:
1. Plan and scope a complete research / design project.
2. Formulate a design solution based on thorough literature research by applying, executing and synthesising knowledge.
3. Research and develop alternative solutions to the design problem and appraise and justify the chosen solution in terms of its creativity and level of difficulty
4. Reflect on engineering design and research issues
5. Apply and formulate problem-solving techniques to evaluate, appraise and justify alternative design solutions.
6. Generate high quality master degree minor thesis that incorporates literature review, requirements analysis, project/research plan, design, and implementation