- One semester or equivalent.
- 12 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites100 Credit Points
Aims and objectives
To provide students with the opportunity to conduct major research into theory and techniques learnt in the course, and apply it in solving relevant industry based or applied research problems in the area of specialisation.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Plan and scope a complete major research / design project
2. Formulate a design solution based on thorough literature research by applying, executing and synthesising knowledge
3. Research and develop alternative solutions to the design and research problems and appraise and justify the chosen solution in terms of its creativity and level of difficulty
4. Reflect on engineering design and research issues
5. Apply and formulate problem-solving techniques to evaluate, appraise and justify alternative design solutions
6. Generate a high quality master's degree major thesis that incorporates literature review, requirements analysis, project/research plan, design, and implementation