This unit introduces students to the basic principles of digital video camera technology, industry terminology and the art of cinematography. Students will develop camera movement and production lighting skills as well as an introduction to audio-recording and basic editing techniques and will further enhance their application of visual composition. Pre-visualisation, planning and executing a workflow will be discussed.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Develop the best practice workflow including pre-visualisation, using language and terminology specific to digital video
2. Demonstrate competent manual control of key functions and operation of digital video cameras and lighting set up for production
3. Illustrate creative experimentation to develop a digital video production
4. Apply visual composition, camera movement, production lighting, audio-recording and editing techniques to develop a digital video production
5. Effectively communicate, collaborate and project manage as part of a creative team