- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
Teaching Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse key concepts of political science and comparative politics.
2. Critically assess competing models of political systems, both democratic and non-democratic.
3. Critically evaluate the political systems of at least two case study countries.
4. Articulate and test general claims through the use of case-studies and focused comparisons.
Courses with unit
BA-ARTSPROF Bachelor of Arts (Professional)
BB-ARTBUS1 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Business
BB-ARTSC Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
BB-LAWART Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts