- One Semester or equivalent
- 46 Hours
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesCOS10009 Introduction to Programming
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to instruct students on the fundamental principles of information visualisation, and good design practices. It will examine and describe in detail main types of information graphics and visual representations for variety of applications.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this Unit should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate data visualisations and propose improvements based on an understanding of human perception and cognition and data visualisation design principles.
2. Apply a structured design process to create effective visualisations.
3. Conceptualise and iterate data visualisation designs using sketching and low fidelity prototyping techniques.
4. Create web-based interactive data visualisations using a real-world data set.