The Content Creator Lab aims to introduce students to audio, photographic and video content production theories and techniques in a dynamic and collaborative setting. Students will explore key historic developments in visual and audio storytelling techniques and the theoretical principles evolving from these emergent narrative forms. Making use of contemporary mobile-driven technologies and platforms, students will apply their developing understanding of narrative and aesthetic practice to a series of 'sprint' productions optimised for social platforms and the fast-paced production environments of today’s content creator.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Distinguish fundamental concepts of aesthetics and medium-specific narrative design across media formats
2. Identify and use mobile-first storytelling principles and best practice ethical and inclusive production techniques
3. Employ technical skills in audio, photographic and video content creation to produce portfolio work at in sprint production environments
4. Identify emerging technologies and trends and innovate their use in professional production and practice
5. Communicate constructively, provide peer feedback and collaborate in fast-paced team and individual environments to contribute to a community of practice