- One Semester or equivalent
- 51 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to develop an understanding of the fundamentals of biology as well as the structure and function of living organisms, their life processes and diversity. The unit also aims to provide a strong basis for later applications and extensions of this knowledge in various fields, including biotechnology, human biology and the environment.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate comprehension of theoretical concepts of the fundamental processes of living organisms.
2. Conduct and/or observe a variety of laboratory exercise within a safe environment
3. Applying problem solving skills to theoretical and practical tasks
4. Demonstrate basic written scientific communication skills